Me and my collaborators on The DreamboxXx project (the commission for my recent game Dream Hard) have launched a queer arcade bundle. In the tradition of past social justice oriented game bundles like Devs With Ferguson, the proceeds from this bundle will benefit local queer / trans / pro-immigrant nonprofits.
It's a limited-time offer, running from June 24 - July 24, and it consists of 8 games for $8, a 69% discount off the $26.23 retail value. (Nice!!) Here's the blurb / more info:
Most of these games are for two players, all can be played on the keyboard, and the majority are cooperative. Most of these games are also experimental, and don't really fit the standard idea of a traditional arcade game. These games include:We hope you consider donating toward these worthy causes, and thanks for everyone's support!
- queer sex party simulator about lovingly eating cuties before the last train
- stark auto-biographical explorations of social anxiety
- a day at the beach, because you deserve it
- an abstract notebook about migration and queerness
- retro 3D brawler about fighting fascists, in glorious Playstation-era graphics
- gay space RPG about fucking friendly aliens
- a competitive arena game about gay orbs... I mean, it's orbtown, enough said
Most importantly, all these games were made by LGBTQ people to support their community! Proceeds from this bundle will go toward local social justice non-profits of each artist's choice, such as the Sylvia Rivera Law Project (local legal-aid organization serving low-income people of color who are trans, intersex, or nonbinary) and Make The Road New York (local grassroots organization dedicated to immigrant rights and working class communities)
- cooperative strategy game where you literally create a safe space large enough to rescue the entire planet